“Steven Universe” to debut at No. 1 in March
Posted: February 12, 2017 3:39 P.M. CT (2139 GMT)
By Torrey Pitchford
“Cyborg 009: Call of Justice” debuts at No. 1
Posted: February 18, 2017 4:33 P.M. CT (2233 GMT)
By Torrey Pitchford
- Second pair of back-to-back No. 1 debuts in Top 25 Shows history
- First since May and June, 2007
- Two other debuts
- Steven Universe is expected to debut at No. 1 in March. Steven has grossed 1.482 bilion grosses to date.
- Universe and the current No. 1 show Mia and Me which also debuted at No. 1, will be the only the second pair of back-to-back No. 1 debuts in Top 25 Shows history.
- The last pair was Da Capo and sola which were two anime that debuted at No. 1 in May and June, 2007.
- If it debuts at No. 1, Universe will be the 28th No. 1 debut and 16th Grand Slam in the chart’s history. It will be the second No. 1 debut in the month of March.
- The March, 2017 Top 25 Shows Prediction List will be posted on February 13 (Tomorrow) while the official chart will be posted on February 25 (final Saturday of the month).
- Interviews with Monster Girls debuts at No. 2. Interviews has grossed 1.457 billion grosses to date.
- Mia and Me, the current No. 1 show, slides to No. 3 in its 2nd month. Mia has grossed 2.75 billion grosses to date.
- LEGO: Friends climbs 8-4 in its 2nd month. Friends has grossed 2.11 billion grosses to date.
- The Bold and the Beautiful rounds out the top-5 surging seven positions in its 56th month. B&B has grossed 68.38 billion grosses to date.
- Star Wars Rebels falls 4-6 in its 18th month. Rebels has grossed 12.06 billion to date.
- Sabrina’s Secret Life, a spinoff of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, debuts at No. 7. Sabrina has grossed 507.5 million grosses to date.
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic falls 2-8 in its 68th month.
- Maho Girls PreCure! Tumbles 5-9 in its 12th month. Maho has grossed 12.68 billion grosses to date.
- Elena of Avalor rounds out the top-10 slumps seven positions in its 4th month.
- Elsewhere on the chart, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath falls 6-11 in its 3rd month.
- The Young and the Restless dips 10-12 in its 105th month. Y&R has grossed 113.88 billion to date.
- Digimon: Digital Monsters slips 11-13 in its 70th month. Digimon has grossed 28.63 billion to date.
- Flying Witch slides 9-14 in its 8th month and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit rounds out the top-15 plunging eight positions in its 70th month.
- Cyborg 009 sequel wins No. 1 debut
- First back-to-back pair of No. 1 debuts since Nov. 8 and 15, 2014
- Three grossing records broken this week; weekly average and 9-week moving average record
- Cyborg 009: Call of Justice debuts at No. 1 this week grossing 516.6 million grosses. This is the fifth straight week where the No. 1 show grossed more than 500 million grosses.
- Justice, a CGI sequel to Cyborg 009, currently appears on Netflix.
- The original Cyborg 009 had a run on the Top 25 Shows chart during the summer of 2003. It never led the T-10 or Top 25 Shows charts. It did get as high as No. 2 on the September 20, 2003 T-10 chart. That was Cyborg’s last appearance on the weekly survey.
- Justice, along with Sabrina’s Secret Life which debuted at No. 1 last week, combine for the first pair of No. 1 debuts since November 8 and 15, 2014 (Appleseed XIII and Sofia the First).
- Justice is the fourth No. 1 debut of the year, the earliest on record.
- Steven Universe holds at No. 2 for a second week grossing a record 513 million grosses. That bests the previous record of 505.6 million grosses set by Adventure Time on January 21.
- Steven has grossed nearly 2 billion grosses in four weeks, making it one of the fastest grossing shows of all-time.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Returns at No. 3 grossing 498.5 million grosses, a record. That trounces the previous record of 487 million grosses by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) also on January 21.
- Interviews with Monster Girls dips to No. 4 grossing a record 484 million grosses, beating the previous record of 470 million grosses set by She-Ra: Princess of Power on February 4.
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit rounds out the top-5 grossing 440 million grosses.
- LEGO: Friends is No. 6 grossing 429 million grosses.
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic returns at No. 7 grossing 407.2 million surpassing 79 billion career grosses.
- Mia and Me slides to No. 8 grossing 371 million surpassing 3 billion career grosses.
- Sabrina’s Secret Life is No. 9 moving 335 million grosses. This brings its two-week total to 842.5 million grosses.
- Star Wars Rebels is No. 10 grossing 302.4 million grosses.
- The total amount grossed this week was 4,296.7 million grosses, a 7% increase over last week. The average jumped to 429.67 million grosses, a new record. That beats the previous record of 423.63 million grosses on February 13, 2016.
- The weekly average’s 9-week moving average was also a record coming in at 406.76 million grosses.
- Over on the Annual Gross Races chart, Mia and Me remains the leader after 7 weeks holding a 586.3 million gross advantage over LEGO: Friends.
- Steven Universe gains 4-3. Interviews with Monster Girls jumps 6-4. Star Wars Rebels gains 8-5. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit soars 20-11. Cyborg 009: Call of Justice and Yu-Gi-Oh! Debuts at No. 18 and 20, respectively.