“Mia and Me” likely headed for No. 1 debut
Posted: January 16, 2017 7:13 P.M. CT (0113 GMT 1/17)
By Torrey Pitchford
“Star Wars Rebels” breaks No. 1 week grossing record
Posted: January 21, 2017 2:12 P.M. CT (2012 GMT)
By Torrey Pitchford
- Mia and Me expected to debut at No. 1 in Top 25 Shows
- 27th No. 1 debut in Top 25 Shows history; 15th Grand Slam
- 1st No. 1 debut of 2017, 2nd in February
- One other debut and two re-entries
- Mia and Me is expected to debut at No. 1 in February. Mia has grossed 953 million grosses to date.
- Mia debuted at No. 1 on the T-10 chart on January 7, therefore if Mia actually debuts at No. 1 in Top 25 Shows it will be the 15th Grand Slam in Top 25 Shows history.
- It will be the 1st No. 1 debut of 2017 and the 2nd during the month of February.
- The February, 2017 Top 25 Shows Prediction List will be posted on January 16 (Today) while the official chart will be posted on January 28 (final Saturday of the month).
- Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath jumps 3-2 in its 2nd month. Scientology is leading in grosses this month so far. The show has grossed 2.63 billion overall.
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic dips 2-3 in its 67th month. Pony has grossed 78.5 billion grosses to date. Pony is approaching the longevity record for an animated show.
- The record is currently held by Digimon: Digital Monsters, though it will be pushed up by a month due to its re-entering the chart this month at No. 7.
- Elena of Avalor, the current No. 1 show, slides to No. 4 in its 3rd month. Elena has grossed 3.49 billion grosses overall.
- Flying Witch rounds out the top-5 surging fourteen positions in its 7th month. Witch has grossed 6.06 billion to date.
- Maho Girls PreCure! Dips 5-6 in its 11th month. Maho has grossed 12.06 billion grosses to date.
- As previously mentioned, Digimon: Digital Monsters re-enters at No. 7 in its 69th month. Digimon has grossed 28.04 billion to date.
- Star Wars Rebels rises 9-8 in its 17th month. Rebels has grossed 10.75 billion to date.
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit rises 13-9 in its 69th month. SVU has grossed 41.45 billion to date.
- The Lion Guard rounds out the top-10 rising one position in its 13th month. Lion has grossed 8.41 billion grosses.
- Elsewhere on the chart, Castle Town Dandelion tumbles 4-11 in its 2nd month.
- XxxHOLiC: Kei re-enters at No. 14 in its 19th month. XxxHOLiC has grossed 15 billion career grosses.
- LEGO: Friends debuts at No. 16.
- Rebels nets 3rd career No. 1, first No. 1 since March 5, 2016
- Rebels breaks No. 1 week grossing record
- Five other position grossing records (Nos. 2, 3, 5, 6, and 10) are broken
- Star Wars Rebels wins its 3rd career No. 1 this week grossing a record 514 million grosses.
- That beats the previous record of 511.4 million grosses set by Maho Girls PreCure! On December 3.
- This is Rebels’ first No. 1 since March 5, 2016.
- Adventure Time wins its 2nd career No. 2 grossing a record 505.6 million grosses surpassing 7 billion career grosses. It is the first time the No. 2 show has broken the 500 million gross threshold.
- It breaks the previous record of 496 million grosses set by Star Wars Rebels on October 29.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) returns at No. 3 grossing 487 million breaking the grossing record for a No. 3 week.
- That beats the old record of 484.1 million set by My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on December 24.
- LEGO: Friends dips to No. 4 grossing a near-record 465.4 million grosses.
- Mia and Me, the No. 1 show of the last two weeks, tumbles to No. 5 grossing 446 million grosses, also a record.
- Mia bests the previous record for a No. 5 week of 443.3 million set by The Lion Guard on December 3.
- How It’s Made returns at No. 6 grossing 439 million grosses, smashing the previous record of 430.4 million set by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) on September 17.
- The Young and the Restless is No. 7 grossing 391 million grosses surpassing 113 billion career grosses.
- Elena of Avalor is No. 8 grossing 373.3 million grosses.
- Maho Girls PreCure! Is No. 9 grossing 338 million grosses.
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is No. 10 grossing a record 322 million grosses. It beats the previous record of 317.3 million set by How It’s Made on Dec. 20, 2014.
- Mummies Alive! Takes the first slot of Close Calls grossing 284 million grosses.
- There were no debuts on the T-10 chart for the first time in 10 weeks, the longest such streak since a 15-week streak of debuts that encompassed Weeks 1 to 15 (July 17 to October 23, 1999) of the T-10 chart.
- The total amount grossed this week was 4,565.3 million grosses, a 20.9% increase over last week.
- Six position grossing records being broken sends the average to its second highest level of all-time at 415.03 million grosses.
- Over on the Annual and Quarter Gross Races chart, Mia and Me leads after 3 weeks holding an impressive 383 million gross advantage over No. 2 My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It is impressive because it is only the third week of the year.
- LEGO: Friends (7-4), The Young and the Restless (8-5), and Elena of Avalor (9-6) all rise.
- Star Wars Rebels (No. 9), Adventure Time (No. 10), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) (No. 11), How It’s Made (No. 13), and Mummies Alive! (No. 20) all enter the chart this week.